Wednesday, September 19, 2012

A look back

With Max's first birthday approaching I was going through photos from the day he was born and came across this one. Every time I look at this picture I always think the same things...

We have NO CLUE anything at all is wrong with our baby.
We have NO CLUE that our life is about to be changed in more ways than we had imagined.
We have NO CLUE our baby has a congenital heart defect.
We have NO CLUE our baby has any kind of genetic disorder that will very much affect the rest of his life.
We have NO CLUE our baby will be taken from us and airlifted within 24 hours of birth to a different hospital 4 hours away.
We have NO CLUE that within 24 hours later I will be sitting in my hospital room alone sobbing as I listen to the helicopter take my baby away.
We have NO CLUE that my husband will be leaving me at the hospital to go be with our baby 4 hours away.
We have NO CLUE what in the world we are going to do with our 4 other children at home in the meantime.
We have NO CLUE that as soon as I am discharged I will be going 4 hours away to be with my baby.
We have NO CLUE our baby will be having his first surgery within a few weeks of birth.
We have NO CLUE that we wouldn't be bringing our baby home for another 8 weeks.

We had NO CLUE anything at all was wrong with our baby.

I could go on and on. These are just a few things that come to mind when I look at this photo. We love Max very, very much! He was sent to be a part of our lives for a reason and we are very thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment